- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:22:26 +0000: Slow light on the nanoscale - Science current issue
- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:22:26 +0000: Recent natural selection in a wild bird - Science current issue
- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:22:26 +0000: Small groups influence large networks - Science current issue
- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:22:26 +0000: Breaking bad algorithms - Science current issue
- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:22:26 +0000: News at a glance - Science current issue
- Sat, 21 Oct 2017 16:09:00 +0000: Watch Acetone Vapor Melt a Calculator Like a Salvador Dalí Painting - Live Science
Here's how one YouTube user literally dissolved a calculator, creating a surreal and hypnotic video of the cool chemistry.
- Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:26:00 +0000: The Most Interesting Science News Articles of the Week - Live Science
Here are the most interesting, amazing and unusual things that happened in the world of science this week. A recap of Live Science's best.
- Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:14:00 +0000: Amazing Images: The Best Science Photos of the Week - Live Science
Here are the stories behind the most amazing images in the world of science this week. A recap of the coolest photos featured on Live Science.
- Fri, 20 Oct 2017 13:53:00 +0000: Church that Worships AI God May Be the Way of the Future - Live Science
A former Google and Uber engineer wants to establish Way of the Future, a religious group dedicated to a "godhead based on artificial intelligence."
- Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:29:00 +0000: This Week's Strangest Science News - Live Science
Ready to get weird? Here are some of the strangest stories on Live Science this week.
- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 00:48:13 +0000: TROPIMUNDO Master programme 2018-2019 - Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:24:55 +0000: Staff Scientist position at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute - Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC
The post Staff Scientist position at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute appeared first on Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC.
- Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:01:02 +0000: OTS 2017-2018 field programs for grads and undergrads - Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC
The post OTS 2017-2018 field programs for grads and undergrads appeared first on Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC.
- Tue, 03 Oct 2017 07:34:39 +0000: Tropical forests are losing carbon. Should we lose hope? - Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC
The post Tropical forests are losing carbon. Should we lose hope? appeared first on Tropical Biology & Conservation | ATBC.
- Tue, 28 Feb 2017 06:00:00 +0000: USDA Announces Funding to Improve Rural Electric Infrastructure in Nine States - USDA - Latest News Releases
WASHINGTON, Feb. 28, 2017 – Rural Development Acting Deputy Under Secretary Roger Glendenning today announced that USDA is making loans to electric cooperatives that will help continue to deliver safe, reliable and affordable electricity to rural residents, business and institutions in nine states.
- Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:00:00 +0000: USDA Helps Expand Broadband Service in Rural Illinois and Oklahoma - USDA - Latest News Releases
WASHINGTON, Feb. 27, 2017 – Acting Deputy Under Secretary for Rural Development Roger Glendenning today announced that USDA is awarding $19.3 million in loans to provide broadband in rural portions of Illinois and Oklahoma.
- Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:00:00 +0000: USDA Invests $103 Million to Protect Lives, Property After Natural Disasters - USDA - Latest News Releases
WASHINGTON, Feb. 22, 2017 – Acting Deputy Agriculture Secretary Michael Young today announced U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is investing up to $103 million in fiscal year 2017 for disaster recovery efforts to help state, local and tribal units of government protect lives and property in disaster-affected areas following natural disasters.
- Wed, 15 Feb 2017 06:00:00 +0000: Acting Secretary of Agriculture Visits Workers Impacted By Louisiana Tornado and Tours Storm Damage - USDA - Latest News Releases
WASHINGTON, Feb. 15, 2017 - Acting Agriculture Deputy Secretary Mike Young visited the displaced workers of the USDA Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) National Finance Center (NFC) Monday after an EF-3 tornado hit the New Orleans-based NFC building last week, causing severe damage. No one was seriously hurt as a result of the storm, which struck at approximately 11:20 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017.
- Fri, 10 Feb 2017 06:00:00 +0000: USDA Reminds Individuals and Small Businesses in Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming that USDA Offers Disaster Assistance Programs to Help - USDA - Latest News Releases
WASHINGTON, Feb. 10, 2017 - The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reminds farmers and ranchers, families and small businesses that could potentially be affected by the recent storms that USDA has several programs that provide assistance before, during and after disasters. USDA staff in the regional, State and county offices in the states of Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming are ready to help.
- Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:30:47 +0000: Policy News: October 10, 2017 - EcoTone: news and views on ecological science
ESA Communications Workshop Space is available. RSVP here. ESA is holding an inaugural Communicating Science Workshop for members to address the needs of ecologists to communicate scientific information in a variety of public and professional interactions. The workshop will provide participants with skills to effectively communicate with the media, Congress, and the public. When: Nov. […]
- Fri, 06 Oct 2017 19:47:59 +0000: Nominate for 2018 Ecological Society Awards and Fellows! - EcoTone: news and views on ecological science
Calling all ESA members. Your Society Needs You! To nominate your fellow ecologists for society awards and fellowships. ESA depends on it’s community to put forward a strong pool of candidates representing the breadth and diversity of our field. We strongly encourage nomination of candidates from underrepresented institutions and minorities groups within the discipline. […]
- Mon, 02 Oct 2017 20:21:22 +0000: Assist Ecologists Affected by Hurricanes and Earthquake - EcoTone: news and views on ecological science
ESA is thinking about its members, their families, and their co-workers affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria and by the Mexico City earthquake. Ecologists well understand the impact of natural disasters on ecological systems, but have also witnessed nature’s ability to rebound after such disturbances. For members whose lives were affected by the hurricanes and […]
- Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:55:22 +0000: ESA Communicating Science Workshop – Travel Awards Available - EcoTone: news and views on ecological science
ESA Member Opportunity Attend the Inaugural ESA Communicating Science Workshop **Travel Awards of up to $200.00 will be given to each attendee as a supplement for travel costs.** RSVP now Reserve your spot now. November 2, 1:00pm-5pm – November 3, 8:00am-4pm Bowie State University Center for Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Nursing 4000 Jericho Park Road, […]
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 20:13:13 +0000: Policy News: September 25, 2017 - EcoTone: news and views on ecological science
In This Issue: Trump Administration Climate Update International Climate Agreements President’s position is unambiguous; State seeks nominees for IPCC report. EPA Nominations for Climate Change Policy Positions Setting up endangerment finding? EPA Science Advisory Board Nominees Include Climate Skeptics Public comment open on 132 nominees. “Red-team, Blue-team” Climate Change Debate Pruitt gives few details, but […]